Re: [NTLK] Newton phone

From: MuHammed Lonon (mjl3781_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 06:53:10 PDT

--- Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Vernon LeMoignan wrote:
>
> > with all the talk lately of PDA's in phones, a
> friend(another new
> > newton user here in Edmonton) was wondering if the
> newt could be used
> > as a phone.

Been there. Tried that. You can talk to someone or at
least I could in my experiment but for some reason
(possibly upgraded phone lines or inability to produce
proper signals) you can only hear indistinct sqwaking
(which makes it perfect for calling wifey).

BTW is there a TTY terminal emulator for the Newton
out there.

=====
MuHammed Jamal Lonon
102 Loden Lane Rochester, NY 14623