Re: [NTLK] OT Should I migrate to OSX.2

From: brian warren (stationwagon_at_watchtan.com)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 10:57:18 EST

<?
$blanket_statement = "Man there's some really annoying stuff
about 10, but then again, there's some really annoying stuff
about 9.";
?>
I really really really like osx. I use enough buggie
applications, and do enough things all at the same time, that I
need the stability and multitasking. I have a friend who uses 9
and I watch his system grind to a screeching halt when he holds
down the mouse button - it's just the way he works, holding down
the button to scroll through a webpage he's reading or
something. Then he releases the button and all sorts of stuff
happens, most of the time it's a few instant messages or
something coming in.

I know full well that many tasks would go faster if I was using
9, even just pulling down menus. But you can't argue with 24+
days of uptime. For me, 10 is the right solution. And all the
goodies of running on unix just add to it. Terminal fits all my
needs fine, but then I'm just now getting into all that stuff.
For the past few months, I've been doing PHP/MySQL development,
and have really enjoyed the terminal.

BTW Paul, Unsanity has a labels haxie, u can color code your
finder icons to your hearts content for just $7.

  <?=$blanket_statement;?>
It's just different annoying things. I'm willing to live with
the annoying X stuff though. The cost benefit ratio for me is
way in favor of X.

When i go back to nine on my friend's computer, i get kinda
wowed by how fast menus respond, and then that's about it.

If you have tools that you need to use in 9 and classic doesn't
work for it, then go for it, use 9. For me, X is by far better.

bw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html