Re: [NTLK] Newton- as sole repository for class notes

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 23:24:06 EST

on 2002/10/29 11:15 PM, Brian at bmcewen_at_comcast.net wrote:
[snip]
> I know some of the people on the list have used the Newt almost exclusively
> for their class notes at one time or another; any experience along those
> lines (serious stationery use) that I could pass along would be
> appreciated.

Since I moved up from a 130 to a 2100, I found I've been able to stop taking
paper and pen to meetings. I tend to use the outline or checklist
stationery in Notes. Once I re-learned how to write somewhat neatly, the
recognition became fast enough for real-time note-taking. It may not be
quite as fast as paper, but the advantages of the outline structure and the
digital text format more than compensate for that.

Never ever had a problem with data integrity. Unless you count the one time
that I wrote a big long note and then tried to e-mail it using stationery
belonging to an e-mail program that I forgot was frozen - the big long note
disappeared. Definitely human error, although I was a little disappointed
that the Newt would let me do something that stupid.

Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html