[NTLK] "Paperback Tablet": Was ... Netwon; now ... Toshiba

From: Anton (anton_at_the-wire.com)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 16:59:22 EST

We haven't come very far in nearly a decade, have we?

<quote>
Looking this product over I realize I have something very similar. My
"Paperback Tablet" has a 162 mhz Strong ARM processor, 8 megs of
internal memory with 2 expansion slots, one with a 32 mg card and the
other with a 33.6 fax/modem. Mine has great handwriting recognition and
many useful apps that allows me to email and surf the web. It also has a
keyboard that is close to full size so I can write with ease and then
transfer over to my home computer in a Word document. However they quit
making my "Paperback Notebook" 4 years ago. It is an Apple Newton 2100.
I always knew it was ahead of its time!
</quote>

The special stylus is a put-off, though.

--
It is against the grain of modern education to teach children to
program.