[NTLK] Newton keyboard question

From: Oliver Leaman (oliverleaman_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 09:05:28 EST

I am thinking of buying a 2000/2001 with a keyboard. My main machine right
now is the eMate, I've had it ever since they came out and it is my main
computer, I've knocked off several books on it etc. I find the keyboard fine
for doing lots of typing. It's a bit heavy to lug around, so I thought a
Newton would be good for this purpose. But I have never seen the keyboard
and wonder if it is the same size as the eMate keyboard. On the photographs
I've seen it looks smaller, and so might not be much use for doing a fair
amount of typing? This would be the crucial issue for me, I never use the
writing recognition facility on the eMate, I type everything.

I am very grateful for any advice here. I live in Lexington Kentucky and
Newtons are pretty thin on the ground here!

Oliver

Get faster connections -- switch to MSN Internet Access!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html