[NTLK] OT [rant warning] Re: Ozgunner / Ebay Alert

From: This Old Newt (rich_at_thisoldnewt.net)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 07:48:52 EST

Just been reading too much and cant help myself, so here I go.
<ALL MY OPINIONS>
Gem:
Seems to be ok when selling, follow up support for any customer who may
have a question or problem is when the experience goes bad.
I got a part from them via e-bay. It was ok. I was expecting
professional packing for the VERY high shipping costs of they charged.
I knew what the charge was. I did expect my package to be in a few
pennies of packing materials and a box. I got a part in a used envelope
wrapped in a torn piece of newspaper. Thats what kinda soured me. But
they have parts we want em. I have heard horror stories about them. If
you read the neg feedback they have. While a small percentage , those
incidents cause me some concern. I personally wouldn't risk cash with
them I could not spare.
Ferdi:
My wife won an auction for a gift for me from him. Item was ok.
What bothers me and some others is that his auction listings can be a
bit deceptive if you are knowledgeable with Newtons. I have not heard
anything bad about his repair and screen upgrade services. For some
persons this may be a very good option as soon as the glut of cheap
2x00's dry up.

We know who these folks are. They cant hide. we are the check and
balance to them.

What/Who really burn me up are the CLOWNS on e-bay selling CDR's of
Newton software and sites that are copyrighted and still published on
the www.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html