Re: [NTLK] List parents: virus filters???

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 07:32:47 EST

Christopher Plummer wrote:
> I'm on another listserver that is being overrun with virii. The admins
> seem to be helpless to stop it. On NTLK I never get a single virus.
> What do you guys do on NTLK to stop the spread of virii on this list?
> Spam is another problem on that particular list. The next question
> would be: how come we don't get any spam here either?

1. NTLK is closed-post: that means that only subscribed e-mail addresses are
allowed to post messages to the list.

2. Attachments are not allowed: any and all attachments are stripped and
thrown out by the list software. No subscriber ever sees an attachment come
from the list.

Maybe your listserver operator should consider turning on these features in
their software, or switching to eCartis, what NewtonTalk and many other lists use:

http://www.ecartis.org/

Or, if you need free list hosting, check out http://www.freelists.org/ - they
run eCartis too.