Re: [NTLK] nSync and Airport

From: gtidave_at_golden.net
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 18:08:08 EST

I bought my ABS from a surplus store in as-is condition. It wasn't working so
I opened it up and discovered an Orinoco Silver PC card inside. Cool! Maybe
this wasn't a waste of $20... A little more poking around and I discovered
that there were 2 blown capacitors on the power supply. I replaced them with
larger and higher temp rated capacitors for less than $1.

My point is that for a bit of time and effort you can have it working again. I
have since found a couple websites which detail the problem and repairs. I'd
also suggest making many holes in the base to allow for airflow as the ABS will
shutdown if it gets too hot. And the Orinoco cards can accept antennas!

Or at the very least salvage the WiFi card from it as it will work great in a
Newt!

Back to lurking... [;^)
Dave