Re: [NTLK] Pauls future direction...

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 17:07:19 EST

>I guess that "only" the .h and .o file for TSoundCodec are needed... let
>me know if you need help there (I have now access to the full ARM ADS
>tools if that's of any help).

Actually, building a TSoundCodec is fairly simple.
You need to create a protocol implementing the TSoundCodec interface
with the following methods:
{
        UndefRes Stop(int);
        UndefRes Reset(CodecBlock*);
        UndefRes Start(void);
        UndefRes BufferCompleted(void);
        UndefRes Produce(void*, unsigned long*, unsigned
long*, CodecBlock*);
        UndefRes Consume(const void*, unsigned long*, unsigned
long*, const CodecBlock*);
        UndefRes Delete(void);
        UndefRes Init(CodecBlock*);
}

I've looked at IMA codec.
Init doesn't do anything.
Reset seems to reset some class variables.

All these probably return NewtonErrs.

The issue is CodecBlock. Unfortunately, this isn't derived from
QuickTime (like NIE is derived from OpenTransport). The easiest to
understand might probably be DTMF.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/