Re: [NTLK] Cheap 2100's, too good to be true?

From: Varun Mehta (varun_at_mehtasw.com)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 17:02:01 EST

On 10/28/02 4:41 PM, "Charles Isaac" <newton_at_aslannet.org> wrote:

> Some of the problems:
>
> No screen cover and rather expensive to buy when you find them.
> No blank PC card slots
> high shipping charges (of course most on ebay seem high these days.
> $14.99 seems high
> Stylus - is the cheap kind that are through away.
> You do not see the one you are getting
> No Battery Cage
> No battery charger (AC adaptor)
> unable to use out of the box
>
> The bottom line is that you are not done at $60. You will have to pop
> for a cage or a AC adaptor.
>
> charles
>
> On Monday, October 28, 2002, at 02:41 PM, Varun Mehta wrote:
>

>> What's the deal with the auctions on eBay of 2100's (upgraded from
>> 2000's)
>> for $35-$50 (as high as $60)? The say they include the unit, battery,
>> and
>> stylus. They are "Still in excellent Condition - There are some
>> indications
>> that the unit is used, but it is generally free from scratches."

I was thinking about this...

I have a great universal AC adaptor, which would hopefully work fine.
Supposedly it comes with a rechargable NiMH battery...

My biggest problem is that Newtons take money, something that I seriously
have none of. We'll see what I can pull off.

It bothers mee so much, too. All you guys are enjoying some great
technology that I just can't get my hands on!

Regards