Re: [NTLK] 2000 software updates

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Oct 26 2002 - 04:16:14 EDT

on 10/26/02 7:05 AM, Daedalus at daedalus1_at_telocity.com wrote:

> The MessagePad 2x00s usually comes with NewtonWorks (word processor), =
> QuickFigure Works (spreadsheet--usually a plug-in to NewtonWorks, =
> actually), NetHopper (web browser), and EnRoute (e-mail client). I think =
> all these can be found at <http://www.unna.org/> . I think those are the =
> only apps outside of the basic system apps, such as the Names, Notes, and =
> Dates applications, etc., that are supposed to come with it.

And not all versions of the 2000 came with the extras. You could buy a plain
model, with just the MP2000, and no Works, no internest software, etc. This
model cost somewhere around $900. If you wanted the rest, you paid somewhere
around $1100, and got all the software and a keyboard. I forget how the
options changed over time, but not every 2k series came with all the
software. Of course, now that the Newton is long-dead, nobody knows which
exact unit came with what software, so it's fair game, I would presume. :-)
And, since Apple _must_ know about Unna, and has done nothing, dl to your
heart's cotent. :-) That's what I did.

P.S. All 2000 and 2100 Newtons, along with all eMates come with NOS 2.1. NOS
2.0 shipped only on later 120s and all 130s.

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

'A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." -- Samuel Adams