Re: [NTLK] More Pics of WALT

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Oct 26 2002 - 01:03:18 EDT

on 25/10/02 22:15, Ken Rumsey at kenhsd_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> Due to a massive number of requests, we have opened WALT and taken pictures
> of his inside, behind the access panel, and the hard drive. We have also
> taken pictures of 2 of the pages of the user manual. All of the pics are now
> on a new site. They can be seen at:
>
> http://www.cromaa.com/walt

Definitely a customized version of a PowerBook. Hard disk, 30-pins SCSI
port, ADB port, and what appears the be a floppy driver port, the smaller
square port next to the bigger SCSI. Maybe it could boot with an old system
floppy? You would have to find a floppy though, maybe a Duo floppy drive. I
would have to check on my daughter Duo to make sure.

But, sorry maybe to burst some bubbles here, but it's far from being a
Newton...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

creationism n.: The (false) belief that large, innovative software designs can be completely specified in advance and then painlessly magicked out of the void by the normal efforts of a team of normally talented programmers. In fact, experience has shown repeatedly that good designs arise only from evolutionary, exploratory interaction between one (or at most a small handful of) exceptionally able designer(s) and an active user population -- and that the first try at a big new idea is always wrong. Unfortunately, because these truths don't fit the planning models beloved of management, they are generally ignored.