Re: [NTLK] NaPalm: it's for real.

From: eschneck_at_mindspring.com
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 14:32:25 EDT

>> From: Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk=2Enet>=20
>> Subject: Re: [NTLK] NaPalm: it's for real=2E=20
>>--snip--=20
>> -downloading a ROM from Palm, assuming you are an authorized Palm
developer=20
>> (legal, but not easy for Joe User to do anymore)=20

>This used to be (2/01 anyway) easy to do=2E What's changed=2E I'm listed =
as a=20
>Palm developer and it took naught but completing a few forms on-line=2E=20=

I also signed up as a Palm developer way back when to get the ROMs

My recollection is that after signing up you then had to go through
another second-level agreement that allowed Palm to search your office=20
for offending materials or some such before you could get the ROMs

I recall that it was a very rigorous agreement which I did not
want to sign

Eric