[NTLK] WALT is a Newton VideoPad? (was: What is a WALT??)

From: Doug Parker (dougparker_at_progressdata.com)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 08:39:00 EDT

goto google.com

search terms: newton walt -disney tablet

search result: "Key Events After the Introduction of PDAs"

The link is dead, but you can (thank goodness) click on the 'Cached' link
(great resource, BTW):

http://216.239.51.100/search?q=cache:ky8E9sFesvAC:www.thecore.nus.edu/writin
g/ccwp10/james/pda_keyevents_post_intro.html+newton+walt+-disney+tablet&hl=e
n&ie=UTF-8

notes this entry:

August 2, 1993 At the MacWorld show in Boston, Apple shows several Newton
design concepts, including the Newton Tablet (code-named Sweet Pea), Newton
VideoPad (code-named Walt), Newton AutoDock, Newton On-Call, Sports Newton,
My First Newton (for children), and Newton Jr. (for children).

Doug Parker
Orlando, FL

If I did something wrong and I have to pay for it, why is it called a fine?