Re: [NTLK] emate powerup

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 00:43:44 EDT

on 2002/10/24 9:49 AM, peter brigg at pbrigg_at_uoguelph.ca wrote:

> Is anyone on the list using an eMate where they can't get regular power
> from the wall? I'm thinking of one for travel and the cottage (no hydro
> locations). As I understand it you cannot use AA's, etc but must use
> the powerpack. Is there a workaround?

Peter:

You can use the external "battery booster" that holds 8 AA's. Works with
any Newton or eMate. Very hard to find, but you might be in luck: CPUsed in
Toronto appears to still have one or two available. Go to <www.cpused.com>
then to their "Odds and Ends" page; it's listed near the bottom.

You have to take out the internal rechargeable pack to use one of these
though; otherwise it tries to charge it, with bad results on both ends.

(Kinda cold for the cottage lately, isn't it?)

Michael