Re: [NTLK] What is a WALT??

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 16:00:10 EDT

on 10/24/02 3:32 PM, Oliver Brose at oliver.brose_at_t-online.de wrote:

>>> Here are some pics so you can see what I am referring to:
>>>
>>> http://terminator.dnsalias.net/cromaa/walt/
>
> Still no idea, but questions:
> - Does it work?!
> - That thingie on the stylus, is it a real button?
> - What are the dimensions of the screen? Is it bigger than a 2x00?
> What about the size of the whole device?
>
> I guess I do not have to mention that this device makes my heart
> ache. I would love to have an Apple-branded tablet, I just know that
> Apple would do it right...
>
> Oliver

That thing reminds me of those stupid devices that you run into nowadays at
checkout counters. You know, where you swipe your credit card and then sign
on the little screen that runs about 15 seconds behind your handwriting so
that you don't have adequate feedback and your signature ends up looking
nothing like it really does. Good heavens, if Apple had just used Newt
technology for something like this, they could've had Newts in every
checkout in the nation by now.

- Eric.