Re: [NTLK] What is a WALT??

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 15:54:23 EDT

Hmmm! Interesting indeed! Can you supply us with an
approximate date? This will help put it in
perspective! The display doesn't look like a grey
(green?) scale LCD either. It looks like it might be a
color LCD or some kind of hires-super-twist LCD! And
except for it's size, it looks alot like an AT&T
EO-440! But comparing the size against it's stylus, it
seems to have the same screen size as the Newt. One
thing I do find interesting is the chapter in the
manual titled "The message pad"!
Perhaps one of the "Important Numbers" is still in
service and you can get information from them!
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Ken Rumsey <kenhsd_at_earthlink.net> wrote:
> While cleaning out my girlfriend's house, we came
> across a unique Apple
> product. The only reference I could find on the web
> was that it was a
> collaboration between Apple and Bellsouth using
> Newton technology. Does anyone
> have any more info on this?
>
> Here are some pics so you can see what I am
> referring to:
>
> http://terminator.dnsalias.net/cromaa/walt/

=====
Why is that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life
in the universe are pointed away from Earth?
     --Anonymous