Re: [NTLK] Keyspan Where to Buy

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 12:57:25 EDT

Charles Isaac <newton_at_aslannet.org> wrote:

> Where does one buy a keyspan USB to serial adaptor. I went to Best
Buy
> / Office depot / staples today and could find nothing other then
PALM
> hot sync adaptors.

I got mine off of half.com -- for $15! -- but that was most likely a
one time deal. I see them for $40, if you don't mind the snail-mail
wait ....

It came with a CD, but I simply conneceted my iBook to the internet
and plugged the adapter in ... and the Mac offered to download the
drivers for me! Thought that was cool ....

Works well with my eMate, and my now dead 120 and 130 (not to worry
... Frank can fix 'em ...!), and I suspect it will work with the
upgraded 2000 I have -- once I get a dongle, that is ....

--gdw