[NTLK] nSync on Slashdot

From: John Anderson (dearjohn_at_everchanging.com)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 21:09:06 EDT

"The Newton refuses to die! John Anderson has released nSync Public
Preview 1, a Newton sync program designed for Mac OS X 10.2. It's rough
right now (only supports serial connections, only syncs clock and
AddressBook), but Anderson has big plans (TCP/IP connections, iCal
support) and an open plug-in architecture. Also, once he sells 300
copies @ $34 each, he's going to release the source under a BSD-style
license."

http://apple.slashdot.org/

While several posters doubt that it will sell 300 copies if I'm making
it open-source afterward, I think the level of publicity garnered by
the product will help me prove them wrong. I had no idea that the
product and this new licensing scheme would garner as much attention as
it has. I just wanted to sync my Newton with my iPod and get some money
on the side :-)

John