[NTLK] Further on Tibet problem

From: Richard Plume (rplume_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 11:18:28 EDT

    As some of you know, there has been an ongoing thread on the problem of
exploding (for lack of a better word) thumbnails with some cameras and
Newtons running Tibet.

    The problem is that the thumbnails look like they are downloading
properly, but when the dialog box closes there is an oversized thumbnail
under it that obscures the other thumbnails making it difficult to see which
photo to download. It's not a big problem, as problems go, and Peter Cameron
has found a workaround (delete Tibet's storage, then move the dialog box
before displaying the thumbnails).

    Anyway, I've been looking into the problem (I'm NOT a programmer) as I
would like to use my Olympus D-450 with my 2100 without running into the
problem or have to use the workaround (deleting the storage deletes all your
saved pictures).

    I've found that Tibet was originally used with a MP130 and an Agfa
ePhoto 307 camera
(http://gs.agfa.com.hk/archive/features/bonington/default.html). I tried it
on one of my 130s with the Olympus camera and no go. It still has the
exploding thumbnail problem.

    Anyway, my question is this: The current Newton-compatable camera list
has a lot of Olympus cameras (not all of which display their thumbnails
correctly). Is there a list of Newton-compatable cameras that work correctly
with Tibet? That is, cameras that display their thumbnails correctly.

Rick