Re: [NTLK] Ozgunner / Ebay Alert

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 03:41:47 EDT

On Tuesday, October 22, 2002 12:02 AM,
Neil McGillivray <nmcgillivray_at_mac.com> wrote:

> I bought a Software CD from this guy when I was fresh to Newton (I had
> just won a bid on a MP130, before getting my feet and buying a MP2100
> as well).
> At the time he made it sound like it was a collectible. In fact it's
> just a home authored CD-R.
> I told Ebay at the time, that the description was misleading but he is
> star rated highly and I was new and not rated. Result more offers of
> 'collectible' software.
>
> I agree with the warning.
>
> --
> Neil McGillivray

Yea this guy is as shifty as they come. The problem is that he doesn't do
anything that's actually *illegal*. He makes things "sound" like more than
they really area. That is to say, he's unethical, and has all the moral
backbone of your typical used car salesman (my opinion, of course).

However, is he doing anything illegal? Not really? Is he taking advantage
of the naive? My opinion only... heck YEA he is.

But that said, he's got *hundreds* of positive comments... so.. who's to
say...

--
David Orriss Jr.
dave_at_davenet.net

Please email me if you want my ICQ/AIM/IM ID's.