[NTLK] nSync Public Preview 1

From: Steve Dockery (sdockery_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 22:18:07 EDT

Hey Newtoneers-

I've been playing with nSync for a while now, here's what I've found
(I've reported some of this to John Anderson already), and forgive me
if others have mentioned any of this already:

1. I could not originally get nSync to work with my existing names
soup. It would stop at 1 or 266 entries. However, when I deleted all
the names, the syncing worked. I could add a name to the Newton, sync,
and the name would appear on the Mac.
Why didn't it work? Possibly because I was using Affiliates Plus which
changes the Names app and/or soups in some unknown way. I've frozen it
now.

2. Groups don't get synced. I have 2 groups on the Mac and 4 on the
Newton, all with different names. After syncing, they're still all
different.

3. When I delete a name from the Mac (and I have the Mac set to have
priority), after syncing, the name has been copied back from the
Newton. I hope functionality is planned to take care of this. Otherwise
we have to delete a name from both devices if we ever want to remove
one.

All in all, it's very promising. Can't wait for the final version.

Thanks, John!

- Steve Dockery

(This message sent with Mac OS X Mail!)