Re: [NTLK] It might be dead. It might be faking.

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 03:18:46 EDT

I would suggest to proceed in a logical way:

1st make sure that your ac adaptor will provide the right voltage
(avoid voltages above 7.5V [unloaded] !!!!!!!)

2nd leave the battery out in order to avoid this failure factor

3rd try a deep reset (brain wipe) of your Newt, i.e. press the reset button
while you hold down the power switch until you get a message box on the
screen like "Do you really want to erase everything? YES/NO"

4th check if the Newt works fine then

5th bring the battery back into play - try if it will charge. I strongly
suggest to use a program like BattTrax or the battery monitor of Avis
Backdrop to check the charging current, which should be definitely below 1.5
Amps absolute maximum.

Cheers
Johannes

SNIP