Re: [NTLK] WTB: Older iMac or something.....

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Oct 19 2002 - 17:55:24 EDT

> "Jeffrey M. Swiger" <n8noe_at_comcast.net> wrote:

> Sorry for the Cross posting, first off!..
> I have a very close friend in need of an older iMac or something.
He's
> talking about a DELL or something,
> in this rage of some of the sale machines now. He's a Cube Owner,
and
> would like to keep the Kids in a Mac.
> But with all the deals out now, he's looking. So, If someone has a
> system they'd like to part with, pass me a
> Note and I'll pass it to him!
> The computer will be used by his 10-11 Year old Daughter, and
possibly
> his wife for typing and Games
> is what I'm told, But nothing much more than that... And Again,
Sorry
> for the Cross posting, but I don't want him
> to go into the "Dark-Side", and stick with a Mac!...

Ah ... "Friends don't let friends use DOS," right?

You should be able to pick up a used iMac for $400 or so. Check a few
of the Mac sites (www.macnn.com, www.thinksecret.com,
www.mosr.com, www.macsurfer.com, www.lowendmac.com, etc.), and take a
look at the ads; you'll find an appropriate dealer soon enough.

If you have an Apple reseller/dealer in your area, check and see what
they have in the way of refurbished units. The last iMac I bought
(for $400, at a local dealer) was a strawberry iMac DV with 196 MB of
RAM and a 8GB hard drive. The hard drive was switched with a 20GB
drive. Needless to say, my neice was most pleased (but now she's
eying my eMate! Help!!).

Good luck ......

--gdw