Re: [NTLK] "It's Dead, Jim."

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 22:35:47 EDT

Laurent Daudelin <laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net>

> on 17/10/02 05:51, Glen Warner at gdwarner_at_mindspring.com wrote:
>
>> Greetings ....
>>
>> I have a 120 and a 130, and I appear to have fried both of them by
>> setting the voltage too high on my sleazy Radio Shack Special power
>> adapter.

(*snip*)

> Are you familiar and equipped for surface mount soldering?

I am familiar with SMC repair, but not equipped for it. Learned while
I was in the Navy ....

> If not, you'd better up trying to get a cheap 2100, or upgraded 2000
for
> around $70. Or you could try to get a 130, if money is really
scarce. Given
> the prices seen recently for 2x00, I would imagine you could find a
> 130 for maybe $40...

Well, I will be getting (another) upgraded 2000 here in a bit, but I
thought if I could get these fixed, I could sell them or trade them in
for something I need for the 2100 (just got one yesterday, by the way;
screen's a bit dim, though). Thanks!

--gdw

> -Laurent.

P.S.:

Love those definitions you've been posting as part of your .sig ....

--gdw