Re: [NTLK] Newton 2x00 internal ram

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 18:10:48 EDT

On Jeu 17 oct 2002 Matthew B.Hershberger wrote:
>From the article that I read, it implied (at least to me) the existence
>of newtons with > 4mb of ram that were testing models and these may be
>in circulation. Any thoughts?

AFAIK, there are units with more than 4 MB of internal Flash (usually 4 MB on board, 8 MB on the ROM board). These are EVT units. I only heard of MP2000s, but David Watson upgraded one to 4 MB of DRAM. There are other fancy ROM Boards around (some can be programmed with any ROM Image, maybe even with just the Newton or an Armistice-like card).

But I never heard of a unit with more than 4 MB of DRAM. It would be a hack of the motherboard.

Paul

--
This wirelessly-sent message was pen-written.
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/