[NTLK] Linksys WAP and classic Appletalk- issues?

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 06:53:29 EDT

Postings on another list recently (emphatically) said that Linksys WAPs,
while they support classic Appletalk (like our Newtons use, as opposed to
TCP/IP-based AppleshareIP) on the LAN-side ethernet ports, did NOT support
it over the 802.11b.

Can anyone here state otherwise? I thought that some of the people
installing packages etc. were doing so with Linksys routers and wireless;
which would have to be using Appletalk on the Newton if you're using NCU
and Macs (right?).

So, in regards to the earlier thread about Linksys vs. E-Tech a bit ago;
maybe the current Linksys WAP models don't support Appletalk over the
802.11b but older ones did? If you have one and it works, which model is
it?

It's hard to tell from tech specs on their pages; I went with Netgear MR314
as it had reviews stating it was definitely capable of classic Appletalk on
the LAN and wireless sides (and if I turn off NAT it will route the
appletalk from LAN to WAN side if I want).

If true this would be a reason to get a different model of WAP, if your
home network would involve macs.

...we parted each feeling
superior to the other and is not that
feeling after all one of the great