Re: [NTLK] Newton 2x00 internal ram

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 05:51:07 EDT

Jeff Sheldon <jeff_at_jurai.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Matthew B.Hershberger wrote:
>
>> operating system? For a senior college project, I was considering
>> porting a scaled down version of linux to the newton, if I can get
>> enough information on the basic of the hardware.
>
> If you pull this off, I'll love you forever.

Heh. 'Long time,' maybe ...

(*snip*)

> Throughout MessagePad development, there's always been close
> intercommunication between the ARM processor and a control ASIC as
well.
> In the 2x00 and I believe the eMate, the main control chip is a
Cirrus
> Logic PS7010. I'll let everyone know how things go if I can
schedule time
> with a guy who has control over an electron microscope, but these
chips
> are multi-layer and technical sheets are what we desperately need. I
> believe the PS7010 may be based on an ARM 610 or 710 core, but this
is
> speculation.

(*snip*)

Say ... anyone ever take a 2x00 mother-of-all-boards and stick it in
an eMate body ....? That I would like to see .... 162MHz vs. 27MHz
... to coin a phrase, "I feel the need." :o)

So ... if your analysis goes well, have I got a project for you ...!
Good luck, though.

--gdw