Re: [NTLK] Scratching the screen on my mp120!!!

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 22:20:21 EDT

>> Heya,
>> since the stylus tip is relatively soft it is possible that small and hard
>> chips of metal or ceramics could get stuck in the plastic and stay there,
>> causing scratches now and then, depening on the angle. You might polish or
>> even grind the pen surface to get rid of the bad stuff and then everything
>> should be fine. If you've dropped your stylus onto a dirty floor it could
>have
>> got this disease :-)
>>
>> Good Luck!
>> Marco
>
>thanks for the reply marco, i forgot to mention i did this (file the stylus
>tip down a bit) afterwards and was unsure if i should have which is probobly
>why i didn't mention it...heh.
>
>anyhow, what you say makes sense, and yes the stylus has been dropped
>innumerably...i'll have to be more carefull in the future! i have a few
>words which are engraved on the screen now, thankfully they are tastefull
>words which i think i can live with...hehe.
>
>//chrisitan

We have a page on our site that explains all this. Go see:

http://www.nushield.com/news_articles_stylus_damage.htm

Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net

Need a Screen Protector to keep your Newton in tip top shape?
Go to <http://www.NuShield.com> for NuShield screen protectors.
Don't leave your Newt Naked!

Phone/Fax/Voicemail: (530) 678-5513