[NTLK] Re - Wanted MP2

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 17:21:24 EDT

> Used Newton battery, tested and guaranteed
> working for 20+ hours- $55

Oh boy, 55 bucks for a battery pack in unknown
condition...

Not that I want to question their integrity in any
way
or interfere with their business, but fact
is that 20 hours isn't any usable information
unless
it is accompanied by information on what the
Netwon
has been doing during that time.
20 hours of letting the Newton sit idly on a shelf
might
well turn into a fraction of that if the Newton
has
to actually *do* something. Current consumption
strongly depends on what the Newton does at any
given moment.
Did I mention lately that it is not that difficult
to refurbish
a dead pack yourself? Or, if you don't feel up to
it,
have it refurbished at less than two thirds of
that price
with 1850 mAh cells (that are more than 50% better
than those in the original pack even when they
were
new) ?

See

http://www.pda-soft.de/mp2k_battery_pack.html