[NTLK] Move Sketches in Notes to computer!

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 17:41:52 EDT

Well, I was able to export my sketches from Notes!

But they didn't have color in the exported file :(

I'll tell you how to do it:

1.) Make a sketch in Notes.

2.) Connect to your desktop (I'm using a Mac and haven't tried this yet on a
PC) using NCU.

3.) On the Computer, select the "Export" button.

4.) When you get the dialog box, select "NotePad" [NOT "NotePad (text
only)"].

5.) Use the open&Save dialog box to navigate to where you want to save the
file, and give it a name BUT make sure you use the popup menu at the bottom
of the window is set to "Rich Text Format - RTF".

6.) Now when you get the next "Export" window, click on the "Select" button.
It will say "Preparing for export..."

7.) Now you will see a list of all the Notes on your Newton.
Pick the one you want and click the "Export" button.

8.) Now open the files up from inside of Microsoft Word as .RTF documents
and BLAM!!!!!!!! There is your sketch!

P.S.
I installed the package SKETCHMAIL.PKG on my 2100 and it told me that the
package might not be compatible with this version, but it seemed to work
fine.