Re: [NTLK] Macintosh Performa 6400/200

From: Ian Moffatt (moffatt_at_newted.com)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 16:04:30 EDT

On 15/10/02 3:33 pm, "Ted Ramsden" <tramsden_at_shaw.ca> wrote:

> I see what appears to
> be an Ir reciver port on the front,

I think you'll find that this is just the receiver for the remote control.
You can fit a TV card. There is a remote control that comes up on eBay now
and again (I sold one there the other week) that can be used to change
channels etc. The remote will also control the CD player. Apple also had
some form of FM tuner but I'm not sure if the remote covered that as well.

As far as IR and Newton go, I think it's a non-starter. In fact I hope so as
I sold a 6400/200 last year and am still regretting it!!

HTH

Ian

--
Newton - still intelligent after all these years
AIM: IXM42