[NTLK] New Potential User

From: Curt Butturff (butturff_at_charter.net)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 10:41:41 EDT

Hello
I am looking at possibly picking up a Newton 2100 used and wanted to find
out a bit more about them. I thought this would probably be the perfect
place.

I have a new duel processor Power Mac on the way that uses Jaguar and my
first question is of course regarding compatibility.

I am a graduate student and among other things I like to download library
call numbers at home to a PDA before going to the library to review the
work. So I’m wondering about the possibility of moving files to and fro for
this purpose.

I’ve read accounts suggesting you can network this unit wirelessly which is
also intriguing as I do have a wireless network in place. I’m currently
using a Handspring product but from what I understand the screens on the
Newton are larger and there is an optional keyboard that was manufactured.
For my purposes this could be very useful again provided I can use it with
Jaguar somehow.

The Power Mac is also coming with Office X and while the ability to synch
with Entourage would be cool it’s not the biggest concern as I have a
limited number of contacts I use anyways. I’m mainly looking at word
processor documents.

I don’t mind treasure hunting a bit on Ebay to get this stuff but I wanted
to hear some more about it I guess.

Regards
Curt