[NTLK] 3Com 3CXE589DC anyone?

From: Ola Widin (EAB) (ola.widin_at_era.ericsson.se)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 07:04:33 EDT

Hi all!

Has anyone had any success with using a 3Com 3CXE589DC ethernet card on a MP2x00?

I just managed to connect my fairly new 2100 to a computer, and to install new programs on it (oh joy!).
However, I haven't got the ethernet card to work. I have installed NIE, the Farallon drivers and the patch that I thought would enable all types of 3Com 3CXE589-cards. But when I insert the card, I get a message that the card could not be recognized, and when I try to connect to my Mac over ethernet, I get a -61001 error.

I did notice that the -DC card is not explicitly mentioned as supported by the drivers on www.chuma.org/newton, but I am still hoping that the difference between a DC and a DT card is not that big...

TIA
/Ola Widin

"Boot, you transitorized tormentor! BOOT!"
    - Archibald Asparagus in Veggie Tales 6