Re: [NTLK] LunaSuite

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 05:37:21 EDT

> Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 21:32:36 -0400
> From: David Evans <dfevans_at_bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
>
> On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 04:20:18PM -0400, Jesse Garnier wrote:

>> Sadly, all Newton browsers have
>> "issues" of some sort. Newtscape's my "everyday" Newton browser though.
>>
> The big thing that I want is SSL so that I can safely authenticate to our
> campus wireless LAN. But then I guess I can't complain too much since so
> far I've been too much of a cheapskate to register NewtsCape.

Newt's Cape is only $10 for students these days. ($20 regularly).
but it'll probably never have SSL -- unless someone wants to port a library
for me.

(as much as I like NewtonScript, Java has a lot of standard and growing
libraries for things, including SSL -- which I've used in a Zaurus app;
access crossword puzzles from New York Times account among other places)

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com