Re: [NTLK] nSync progress update

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 04:40:04 EDT

"Newtvana" <newton_at_ordersomewherechaos.com> wrote:

> On Monday, October 14, 2002, at 11:07 AM, John Anderson wrote:

>> I know I'll be screwing myself on search engines, but the name
"nSync"
>> appeals to my sense of irony way too much. The name also makes the
most
>> logical sense. So I've decided to name the app nSync.
>
> You could side step the Search Engine issue by going with:
>
> "nSynk" or "nSink"

Excellent idea ...! But I think a savvy searcher would search on the
terms "Apple Newton" and "nSync" to (hopefully) narrow down the search
a bit ... kind of like when I go to eBay and search for Apple Newton
-(manual manuals phone ebay mercedes)*.

--gdw

* The first two hides results for the Apple Service Manual CD, 'phone'
is for those weird listings for cell phones that show up for no reason
I can see, eBay is to filter those "I'M LEAVING EBAY!!!" CDs someone
is always trying to sell, and Mercedes is for the bewildering ad for a
Mercedes which has popped up more than once while searching for
Newtons. :o\