Re: [NTLK] Dowloading packages from the web

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Sun Oct 13 2002 - 12:16:23 EDT

> Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 17:25:20 +0200
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Dowloading packages from the web
> From: Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_euronet.nl>
>
> on 13-10-2002 2:33, G.E. Ross at g.e.ross_at_sympatico.ca wrote:
>
>> You can also download the most excellent utility PackType by Daniel Azuma.
>> Just drag and drop the .pkg over the PackType icon to have it set as a
>> Newton package.
>
> Jon's right, change the settings in your Internet Control Panel will cure it
> for the future, PackType is nice as long as it works (it somehow stopped
> working for me one day, never found out why) and the AppleScript version
> never let me down.
>
> BTW, wasn't PackType by Steve Weyer ?!

you're both "right".

PackType is just a simple "autotyper" application.
I guess I was the first one to do this and post/advertise it, so get the
credit, but no particular rocket science involved since...

I used the excellent FileTyper and MakeAutotyper (shareware) apps by Daniel
Azuma to create PackType.

of course, anyone could use FileTyper, or ResEdit, ... manually (or
AppleScript) to set the type and creator codes. PackType just makes it a
little more convenient (drag & drop).

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com