[NTLK] [OT] Em@iler...

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Sun Oct 13 2002 - 01:40:36 EDT

>On 10/13/02 @ 5:18 AM, Robert Benschop wrote:
>
>So how good is eMailer ? With all the viruses that we've
>seen lately I start to wonder if Entourage is such a good
>idea, it's MS after all...

I use Emailer 2. Works fine.

I check about 20 accounts with it -- all POP -- via my ADSL and TCP/IP.

At work I use Outlook.

I like them both!

For me, Emailer does what I need to do at home. However, it does not
support IMAP nor dual byte characters. ACSII is does well! :-)

Anything not ASCII doesn't come through. So Email messages with enclosed
pics (jpgs, gifs, etc) won't show -- just a text equivalent. However,
you can easily attach a file which can be a jpg, gif, etc.

When I send work home, I use OL to send one message with say 5-10
attachments. All come through fine in one message. Just click on the
appropriate one to open.

Also, unlike OL, you can't save files and attachments into individual PST
files. At work, I have one PST per client (about 100), plus some admin
ones. The use of PST files makes it easy to organize files.

And you can use it all the way back to system 7.1 up to X in Classic
mode. And since I run Japanese and English system 9, I can run the same
Emailer program (same defaults) in either Classic mode which is nice.
Just needed to put some key files in both system folders.

For a program that was last updated in 1998, it still works well.

Sushi