Re: [NTLK] Did anyone else get this?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Oct 12 2002 - 13:19:56 EDT

on 12/10/02 12:19, James Elliott at james.elliott_at_newted.org wrote:

> Why does it have [NTLK] in the subject? It didn't come through the
> list. At first I thought it had, but the headers are wrong and the
> attachment would have been stripped.
>
> -James
>
>> Yes, I did receive it and I deleted it immediately. Someone posted that the
>> attachment contains a Windows virus and if you try to open it, you might be
>> infected.
>>
>> Don't know where this guy got our email addresses. Maybe from the NewtonTalk
>> archive? Victor? Any idea?

It probably had the [NTLK] in the subject to make you believe it was coming
from the mailing list. But it was not. However, this guy was able to harvest
some email addresses from this list and that is what worries me...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

fish n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] 1. Another metasyntactic variable. See foo. Derived originally from the Monty Python skit in the middle of "The Meaning of Life" entitled "Find the Fish". 2. A pun for `microfiche'. A microfiche file cabinet may be referred to as a `fish tank'.