Re: [NTLK] [OT] Egocentric

From: W. B. Davis (newton_at_mail.ecity.net)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 23:39:57 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net>
To: <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:16:03 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [NTLK] [OT] Egocentric

> Yesterday I received my Bachelor of Computing degree from the
> University
> of Guelph, here in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. It's been four years
of
> ups
> and downs to get me here, but I'm proud and happy to say that I
> carried a
> Newton (a 130, then an UMP2k, then a 2100) my whole way
through, as
> well
> as being a list subscriber since Sean O'Shaughnessy was list
dad.

Congrats, Victor. I know what you mean. I got my Bachelor's
degree in Computer Science from Drake University here in Des
Moines, IA back in 1984....sure wish I had a Newton back then! I
didn't even get my first Macintosh (not my first computer!) until just
a few months before graduating, 128K of RAM (yes, K, not MB or
GB) and 400K of disk space. Woohoo!

Thanks for all your good work on NTLK over the years. Hope
you're going to have yourself a great celebration.

(Whatever happened to Sean O'Shaughnessy anyway?)

 - Bill Davis