[NTLK] Explain this battery stuff to me, please

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 19:25:31 EDT

> Voltage 6.15v

What the battery currently puts out.

> Level 100% (It's plugged in at the moment)

What Apple thinks the batterie's current level is.
100% is supposed to be fully charged.

> Low 20%

The battery discharge state that will trigger the first
battery low warning. Here 20%. Can be changed
by software.

> Dead 0%

The battery discharge state that will trigger an
immediate shutdown. Here 0%. Can be changed
by software.

> Current none

The current out of or into the batteries. This value is
only available on os 2.1 models (Newton 2x00, eMate).

> AC Voltage 6.65v (useing the 9W adapter)

The voltage of the ac adapter.

Frank

-- Newton Hardware and Software at http://www.pda-soft.de