Re: [NTLK] FS: Newton Messagepad 2100s (newtontalk)

From: bob barkany (bob_at_barkany.com)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 10:30:53 EDT

On 10/10/02 15:01, "Ferdi Ozguner" <fozguner_at_ualberta.ca> wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1380519790
>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> From: "Dennis Brenner" <db999md_at_earthlink.net>
>> Subject: [NTLK] FS: Newton Messagepad 2100s (newtontalk)
>> Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 00:46:05 -0400
>>

> We have recently acquired more Newton Messagepad 2100's to resell. They
> are tested and working. Screens range from Excellent to fair. Most are
> pretty good. The black screen covers are pretty scratched up. We have
> tested all of them by powering them up with an ac adaptor, clearing any
> password if one was present, and testing the digitizer to make sure it
> tracked properly and was working.
>
> The list below will let you know how many we have, and will let you know
> if the unit
> includes the black screen cover or not.
>
> NO BATTERY HOLDER, AC ADAPTOR, STYLUS, or other stuff is included.
> nothing else, just the newton.
> ------------------------------
For heavens sake, what is the point in a posting like this.
Ok the guy bought a bunch of knackered newtons in varying states of
disrepair for about $10 each and is now going to sell them at a profit.
If he is a decent guy, he will describe the articles correctly and honestly
and will price them accordingly and with a profit for himself. Whats wrong
with that. If I recall correctly, I bought a memory card from you and it was
neither cheap nor did it arrive here in London very quickly. So much for
good service. Sounds very much like the pot calling the kettle black
-- Bob Barkany, Photographer
   tel +44 (0) 7973 666 243
    www.barkany.com