Re: [NTLK] 'Genius bar'

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 00:55:28 EDT

"Rolando Agado (TTC F.H.)" <ragado_at_ttcautomotive.com> wrote:

> "While the 'Genius" helped me with a problem with my Apple Network
Server,
> another worker took my Newton around to show the other workers."
>
> I recently visited my Apple store in Detroit (12 Oaks Mall in Novi)
to see
> if they could shed some light on my little eMate.... After
exchanging some
> high-fives, with several of their clerks... I was told that they had
never
> seen one and that they couldn't answer any of my questions.

So, what questions did you have? ... and what article did you read to
prompt you to buy an eMate?

> Figures...

I stopped in a laptop-only store here in Seattle (called,
appropriately enough, Seattle Laptop), and despite having no
PowerBooks in the store, the salesman did recognize my eMate, as he
used to sell them. Unfortunately, he didn't have any power adapters
or anything ... but I did find that my old Ricochet modem's power
adapter works fine with it!

Think I'll haunt eBay some more and see if I can find an old (brick)
Ricochet modem; should be about $10 ....

--gdw