Re: [NTLK] Birthdays in Names...

From: sopha (sophalicus_at_charter.net)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 22:27:51 EDT

>Did you enter the birthdays using a two digit year, like "5/29/78"?
>Because this is ambiguous, the Newton has to choose a century. I'm not
>sure what algorithm it uses, but the end result is that if you use two
>digits years, at least *some* years will get the wrong century. The
>best answer is to always enter your birthdays with the full year.
>
>-Scott

scott,

yes i'm entering the b-days using all 4 digits, thank you for your
explanation.

i played with it some more just now, and it only seems to mess up the
century when i use the date/month/year chooser (brings up a calendar) which
can be chosen to the right of birthdays.

if i print in the b-day for e.g. 3/21/1958 it is reformated as 3/21/58 and
all is well, but if i bring up this particular chooser the century is
correct but upon closing and reopening this chooser the century is turned to
the 21st (20xx). by not checking in on this chooser after printing out the
b-day all seems well.

hmm.

//christian