Re: [NTLK] Bizarre Dongle !

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 21:34:20 EDT

LOL! The Klez uses jpeg's, .wav files, and other 'interesting' files to =
'distract' the user. I downloaded an email with an 'innocent' looking =
jpeg of an CD cover, Simplemail showed the jpeg and HTML text, but I =
missed the attached .scr file, so I then downloaded the email onto the =
iMac thru Outlook Express, again saw the jpeg in color, closed OE, clicked =
on shutdown, Virex started to scan, scan complete, iMac shuts down. Next =
night I download latest defs. from Virex, scan entire hard drive, iMac =
freezes, virex is stuck on one text file, reboot with paperclip, can't =
find text file, use 'Unhide tools', finds eight text files with 'no' =
descriptions, drag-and-drop to virex-dropscan, virex says 'unknown file', =
the next Sat. morning(the 2nd. Sat.) I get returned email stating 'virus =
infected', figured out a different way to infect, virex hasn't responded =
to this info., used 'unhide' to locate and delete the unnamed files. But =
I saved the jpeg on my Newt. :-)

More audio dongles??? We'll take four...for sure..
------------------
>Hi President !ooW :-p, yes, i received it. So, did I send you this
>Picture? If so, I think the f*cking Klez must have taken it from my
>internet cache.
>
> BTW, i have a few more audio dongles. Let me know if any of your ppl =
in
>LANUG would like one.
>

> Greetings
>
>Daniel Padilla

!ooW
Pres. of Los Angeles Newton Users Group.