Re: [NTLK] Xsync naming

From: Pedro Hobbyfrazoo (pjfraser_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 12:57:32 EDT

ya know, i think there may be a strong case for a name that is
non-descriptive but that somehow pays homage to this list.

the great thing about this list is that it's so international, and that
although technical answers are always forthcoming, there is also a LOT
of humor and lightheartedness.

and without this list and the interest in the Newt platform that it
represents, this new app probably wouldn't exist at all.

so maybe the name should be an inside joke. to 'listas it'll bring
back a grin and a memory, and to others it'll just be a name.

there are a lot of americans here, but also europeans and canadians -
and what seems to be an especially heavy french and french canadian
presence.

the poutine thing may not have been funny to everyone, but many of us
enjoyed it...and it covers a little of both the french and canadian
components of our list.

and with all due respect, synchronicity is only sort-of descriptive,
non-newtonian, and reminds me solely of a band from my youth that i
never liked all that much. also, there's no easy shorthand/nickname
for it and it's easy to misspell.

so how about...

PoutineSync ("PS"), or

PoutineX ("PX") or

PouTen ("PT") or

PoutiNewt ("PN")

???

On Wednesday, October 9, 2002, at 08:30 AM, SuerthP_at_andersonnews.com
wrote:

> how about "Bride of NCU" or "Son of NCU"...
> or
> "PoutineSync"
>
> eh?
>

> --