Re: [NTLK] Wavelan questions

From: Michael Peterson (mwpeters_at_pnambic.org)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 22:06:17 EDT

On Tue, Oct 8, 2002 Paul Guyot wrote:
> Second, I wonder if anyone else has this problem but when Internet is
> disconnected, the card remains powered. And this sucks batteries, 250
> mA instead of 95 when the card is removed. Any idea? Is it a bug?

ATA Driver keeps the WaveLAN card from powering down. Power management stopped working the other day on my SMC card after working fine for a couple of weeks. I tracked it down this morning to something ¡n the ATA driver keeping the card awake: when the ATA driver wasn't activated the wireless card went to sleep properly.

--
Michael W Peterson, on his Newton 2100