Re: [NTLK] NCU version?

From: splendor_at_ctgonline.org
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 23:47:59 EDT

> Yes, 1.0 final was the last version.
> For Mac:
> http://newyork.unna.org/unna/apple/connection_utils/ForMac/NewtonConne
> ctionUtilities/ For PC:
> http://newyork.unna.org/unna/apple/connection_utils/ForPC/NewtonConnec
> tionUtilities/

Thanks! Got it. Now, to RTFM and learn how to use it.

> > Also, once I get it installed, I'm assuming there's an option to
> > import the data from my MP100, right?
>
> I believe you use NCU to make a "special" backup of the 100 onto your
> PC/Mac, then restore it to any 2.x machine (like your new 2100).
> Apple wrote a doc that details how to do this (with NBU, but it's
> almost the same) when people upgraded their 120s from 1.3 to 2.0. You
> should read it - the basic process is the same thing you want to do:
>
> http://newyork.unna.org/unna/apple/documentation/OMP-130/MP120v2.0Upgr
> adeInstr.pdf

Thanks. Will do that as well.

I'm looking forward to this.... always wanted a 2.x, but never could
afford one. $65 plus $30 for a battery tray, I can afford.

Paul Braun WD9GCO
2102 Yorktowne Dr
Valparaiso, IN 46383
splendor_at_laidbak.com

"A computer without Microsoft software is like a dog without a bunch of bricks tied to its head."