[NTLK] Re - Misc. charging questions

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 19:03:26 EDT

To save bandwidth, this is supposed to answer more than one
mail.

Andrew asked...

>Does the Newton MessagePad Charging station, H0073LL,
>come with an ac adapter that can be used with a 2100?

Yes. All original Newton adapters work with all Newton
models and also with the charging station. The OMP/MP100/
MP110/MP120/MP130 adapters (7 watt) will take a bit
longer to charge the batteries of the MP2000/2100 eMate.

Peter answered...

>No. The stand expects 7V at 0.7A max. The 2x00 adapter
>puts out 7.5V at 1.2A.

Both is correct, but I have occasionally used the charging
station
with the 2x00 adapter without any problems.

Johannes said:

>If you can get a REGULATED power adaptor rated at 7V or
>6V you are on the
>safe side without taking care of the current limitation,

You won't be able to charge the batteries fully with 6 volt,
you
need 7 volt for that.

Frank

-- Newton Hardware and Software at http://www.pda-soft.de