Re: [NTLK] EMate Discharging Quickly

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 06:14:55 EDT

On 6 Oct 2002 "Newt-2" wrote:

> I have an eMate that has what seems to be a discharging issue. Batteries
> seem to charge OK and they hold a charge in my other eMate. When I charge
> them fully in my suspect unit, the batteries go dead within 2 days with no
> use.

Are you turning the eMate off with the screen or the power key on the
keyboard? If the former, are you sure the eMate is actually off?

Have you checked the Beam prefs in the In/Out Box for "Receive beams
automatically"? This can use a lot of power if checked.

Do you have a memory upgrade installed in the eMate? I had a couple that
actually ran warm when the eMate was off - obviously a defect. Removing the
board returned the eMate to its normal power consumption.

Joel.